This was posted by Studio3Music in Seattle which is the largest Kindermusik studio. They could not have said it better, please embrace each wise word:
Three rules in Kindermusik:
- Never judge a parent by the behavior of his/her child.
- Never judge a parent by her pedicure or lack thereof.
- Every child is perfect.
Now that you have those top three rules under your belt, take a deep breath and follow these “rules,” too.
- When you get out of your car, leave all your parenting anxieties behind so you can just simply cherish this one-on-one with your precious child.
- There is no right or wrong way to be at Kindermusik except that your child’s way is perfect, just for him/her, just for today.
- Your baby can sing (vocalize) all she wants. Your toddler can wander. Your three-year-old can tell us endless stories. We love all of it!
But You, Mom and Dad, are perfect, too.
- There is no right or wrong way to be at Kindermusik except that your way is perfect, just for your family, just for today.
- You can wear your workout clothes.
- You can sing out of tune.
- You can dance like an awkward teenager.
- Your child is nothing but enamored with you and that’s all that matters.
So when your child does something wacky/loud/out of character, every other parent in the room is figuratively holding your hand and thinking “Whew! I thought my child was the only one that did that!”
And when you notice another child has more _____ (fill in the blank: teeth, hair, motor skills, words) than yours, just remember they’ll all get these things in time.
Kindermusik is a community of support for both the children and adults, so please come to class knowing everyone in the room, especially we Educators, think you, Mom, are a superstar and you, Dad, are a rockstar! And your child–your gorgeous child–well, we’re pretty much in awe of your child. We couldn’t ask for a more precious person than that little genius you’re letting us sing and dance with.
I hope these words resonated with you as much as they did for me! Cheers to chipped toenail polish, baby spit up on every outfit and toddlers creative “self -dressing!” Dance and sing anyway! With love, Miss Leslie